I wake up tired as usual. It's hard getting up every three hours to express but it's worth the effort. I had a cuddle with Heidi around midnight but she cried when I had to put her back in the cot. I wish I didn't have to and could sleep with her.
I went to see one of the social workers this morning for advice on staying here. She was really nice and told me what we are entitled to. Luckily money isn't a big issue for us at the moment because it's so expensive not being at home.
I had a look at Heidis notes from the admitting doctor. His biggest concern was Heidis small chin/jaw (which I still don't think is that small), but they are going to test for everything anyway. The cardiologist had a look at her; she had a blood test to check thyroid function; she had a renal u/s; and has to be seen by the geneticist, ENT, and speech therapist. The renal u/s was today but I'm not sure when the rest of it will happen.
I'm still hoping we won't be here too much longer than a week,but no one really knows. I'm going to spend tonight at the hotel with Dan and the kids which will be nice for us all. But it will be strange being away from Heidi. I bought her a teddy bear the other day, and a dummy aswell. She does ok with the dummy when it's in her mouth but she doesn't open her mouth willingly.
There were a couple of other babies getting ready to home today which kind of made me jealous but also gave me hope that we won't be far behind them. Heidi is so beautiful and I can't wait to have her with me all the time. It will be hard when we first get home, having spent so much time away from the other kids. Going from being a part time mum, to a primary carer to four kids will be a shock to the system but I can't wait. I miss all my kids.
I'm going to make an appointment with Lynne (counsellor) when I get back because I don't want things to get on top of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment