Yesterday D went in with Heidi for her cranial ultrasound. He asked the sonographer how it all looked but she wouldn't tell him and said he would have to wait for the doctor. We still haven't heard so I'm guessing it was all ok.
I tried Heidi with the bottle around 8pm last night and she had a couple of sucks but swallowed lots of air and then she wouldn't settle. I managed to get her to burp a couple of times but she still wasn't right. By the time she went to sleep it almost 10pm and she was due for a feed again at 11 so I told the nurse I was going to skip that feed and get up for the 2am one instead.
The next feed after that was 5am and Heidi didn't want to suck from breast or bottle. After her 8am feed, I left with D and the kids to go for a drive out to the town. The house is looking like a house now with most of the walls up. We walked through it, working out where all the rooms are and how big it will be. I think it will be really nice when it's finished but I still find it hard to imagine actually living there. It was a nice day out and the kids slept for a lot of the car trip.
We got back later than I'd expected and had missed Heidis 11am feed so the nurse just tubed her. We took the kids to the Starlight Room for awhile so they could have a play after sitting in the car for several hours.
D and the kids are moving to a different hotel tomorrow and it is a lot closer to the hospital which will be better. I'm going to see if I can bring Heidi into my room tomorrow for awhile and D and I can take it in turns to sit with her (I can take the other kids upstairs so D can have a break from them).
I saw the doctor this evening and he suggested spacing Heidis feeds out to four hourly to see if she actually starts to get hungry enough to wake for feeds by herself (and maybe even suck better). If that doesn't help we might try cup feeding on Monday with the speech therapist. Once she starts waking regularly for feeds and taking them all by bottle or breast or cup, I think they would be happy to send her home with us. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment