The RFDS plane which was supposed to be here at 7 this morning, isn't coming. We are initially told it will be here at 10am, then 11am, then not at all. There has been an accident somewhere else so that is given priority. I understand but it doesn't make it any easier for me to have to wait. So I go back to sitting with Heidi, resting in my room, and drinking endless cups of tea. I feel like I know the walk down this hallway better than I know my own house. From my room down the the kitchen or toilet takes me past Heidi and I stop in to see her each time. I can hear the beeping of the sats moniter from my room and it's strangely comforting.
The nurses are wonderful but they are so overworked. This is the labour ward where most of the time it's women coming in to birth and then taking their babys home. Heidi and I are still here and I'm jealous as I see the other mothers leave with their healthy babys.
I'm also jealous of the still pregnant women. They are so full of hope and excitement and I remember when that was me only days ago. Before Heidi was born, I had no inkling there would be any problems with her. The though didn't even cross my mind. I was pregnant, would give birth, and then settle into life at home with my four kids. Simple! Don't know if I was naive or what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment